Nails and illnesses
Nails are one of the indicators of human health, it's possible to define about 20 kinds of diseases according to how nails look like.
Beautiful nails and well-kept hands had been always recognized as woman's "visit card".
But there are not so many people who know about the nature and function of nails.
Besides nails contain the information on some illnesses and symptoms long before they appear.
Carefully inspect your nails, they may prompt you need to worry about something in advance or tell what disease processes occur in your body. But do not be soon despaired, nails can either signal a serious disease, or incorrectly matched nail file, or unhealthy diet.
Diagnostics of illnesses by the condition of nails of hands.
- Longitudinal grooves on the nails - a chronic inflammatory disease of the sinuses or teeth, rheumatic fever;
- Transverse grooves on the nails - diseases of internal organs such as kidneys, liver, gastrointestinal tract;
- Transverse grooves testify to a lack of zinc in an organism. It is considered that first of all vegetarians suffer from
the lack of zinc as it's mostly contained in products of the animal origin. However, many vegetarians say
they do not have any grooves on their nails;
- The nail plate is similar to a thimble or copper stamping, it has dents and deepenings - the warning of a psoriasis;
- Nails are spherically convex, their shape reminds the glass of watches – the dangerous sign that shows
probable illness of lungs, a bronchitis and even oncological diseases;
- So called "spoon-shaped" or bent inside – doctors consider such nails as the evidence of the anemia
caused by iron deficiency in an organism which is necessary to be treated only under medical supervision;
- White points and specks on nails – there is not enough calcium and zinc in an organism ;
- Change of nails color warns about the development of the internal organs pathology:
-Bluish color of nails, nail bed is blue or there are blue specks on nails - the sign of circulatory disorder,
possible diabetes, heart disease, Raynaud's syndrome or spasms of the arteries of the fingers;
-Yellowness of nails – check up a liver;
-Lumpy yellowish fingernails probably point out a diabetes, or it can also be a fungal infection,
in any case it is an occasion to visit a doctor;
-Vertical red strips on fingernails is a capillary bleeding or a psoriasis;
-Brown or even black color of a nail plate with extension to the soft tissue of a finger – a melanoma sign;
Stratifying of nails – a lack of vitamin D, silicium and calcium, but there's no need to panic here.
Maybe you just picked up the wrong nail file or your nails are too often come into contact with the
chemical cleaning agent what is detrimental to the nails. Put on gloves before doing a housework
and take regular complex care for the skin of your hands;
Brittle and splitting fingernails, accompanied by a change of color - an alarm that it is time to change some habits
such as excessive smoking or an unbalanced diet.
You feel well and keep a healthy lifestyle, however your fingernails stay weak and brittle?
Buy a therapeutic glass nail file and try some of our recipes to make your nails strong and healthy.
Lux-e-Shop.com is not only a retail online shop by Mont Bleu company, but useful articles about health and beauty also.